Sunday, November 6, 2016

Blog Post 14: Final Lesson Ideas

Final Project
 A subject, grade level, and lesson topic. Explain why you want to focus on this lesson.

Image result for planning lessonThe subjects for my final project are English Language Arts because developing strong reading skills are necessary for students to succeed in reading, writing and language for not only English but for other subjects. My project is focused on middle school students, specifically 7th and 8th-grade levels. There are three main topics that I am still deciding to do for my final project: reading comprehension, expository texts and literature genre such as non-fiction or media literature. I think that these three topics are interesting to teach students, especially media literature since students can improve their skills to analyze media and be critical thinkers of media. Some of the things that I want to include in my lesson are a picture book, games, videos, interactive notebooks and online tools. There are four online tools that I really enjoy using for lesson plans, these tools are Evernote, Prezi, Pinterest, and Edmodo. These online tools provide students opportunities to create videos, share their notes for group projects, reflective on their learning, analyze book characters. For example, Evernote provides students a tool to create digital portfolios to keep their notes and have access everywhere on any device. One of the great features Evernote provides many ways to foster collaboration for students to work in groups. Prezi is a fun and interactive ways to make presentations for students about the lesson topic. Since I learn about Prezi, I think that this format is incredible and visually engaging. Edmodo is one of my favorites social learning platforms for students and teachers to use. It allows students to send messages, classroom discussions, create quizzes and manage progress and keep in contact with parents. The last online tool is Pinterest and students can create boards to make their group work visual and they can add resources, images for their presentations, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment